Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Walk to end Lupus

I am blown away by the generosity of my friends.

I have joined Anna's walk to end lupus team and my goal is 100$. No where near her's but still, that's more feasible for me all things considered. I told the group I game with that I was doing this and asked that if they happen to have a little extra money and could donate that it would be amazing.

I asked yesterday.

Today a Dutch friend asked if she could paypal me her donation since the site doesn't take her kind of bank card. She donated 15$
Then another friend, a Jr High student, asked if he could paypal me his donation since the site doesn't take prepaid cards. He donated 25$

The guy that is our main evening streamer let me promote my walk on his stream. Then another person made it into a command so that !lupuswalk would promote my page. They used it. More often than I would have asked for donations for sure. I am not good at asking people to donate money to something, even charity. The fact that these awesome people from around the world have contributed and others in the stream chat have said that they will when they can over the next 6 months is just phenomenal.

If you're interested in donating or the lupus foundation of america's pacific nw chapter check out my donation page here.

To everyone that donates:

Thank you. Really, those words aren't enough to convey the gratitude I feel for donations supporting my walk. I am honestly touched by your willingness to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment